- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Annual Symposium Committee, Labor and Employment Section)
- Lecturer in Law and Co-Director of Employment Mediation Clinic, USC Gould School of Law, Judge Judith Hollinger ADR Program
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- USC Law School, Juris Doctor, 2010
- Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine (2011-2018)
- Southern California Rising Star, California Super Lawyers (2014-2018)
Martin Sullivan is an experienced employment lawyer, having devoted his entire legal career to litigating employment disputes in California. After law school, he worked for three years at a boutique employment firm, where he second-chaired a two-week federal jury trial with class claims. He then joined a preeminent international employment law firm’s Los Angeles office, where he worked for five and a half years representing large companies and managers in single plaintiff and class action cases. In 2018, Mr. Sullivan joined Melmed Law Group to bring to bear his large defense firm expertise to aid employees litigate their claims against their current and former employers. Mr. Sullivan zealously represents his employee-clients in both individual and class actions.
Mr. Sullivan is also a trained mediator. Since 2017, Mr. Sullivan has served as adjunct faculty with USC Gould School of Law where he co-Directs the Employment Mediation Clinic. He volunteers as a panel mediator with the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District.
As a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Mr. Sullivan served on its Saturday Seminar Committee for seven years and joined the Annual Symposium Committee in 2018.
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar – “From Watercoolers To Snapchat: Preventing And Investigating Sexual Harassment In A Modern Workplace” – Los Angeles – October 26, 2017
- LACBA Labor and Employment Saturday Seminar – “Hot Topics in Employment Discovery: Social Media Discovery Issues” – Los Angeles – April 22, 2017
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar – “What’s in Your Alphabet Soup? Top Strategies for Dealing with the DFEH, EEOC, EDD, DLSE, DOL, OSHA, and other State and Federal Agencies” – Los Angeles – October 27, 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Attorney Seminar – “The Litigation Countdown in the Los Angeles Superior Court and the United States District Court for the Central District of California” – Los Angeles – October 11, 2016
- California State University – “Gender Discrimination and Implicit Bias in the Workplace” – Northridge – November 06, 2014
- LACBA Labor and Employment Saturday Seminar – “Insights Into the Litigation Toolbox: Nuts and Bolts of Employment Law” – Los Angeles – February 02, 2013
- San Gabriel Valley Employer Advisory Council – “How to Take the Terror Out of Termination” – City of Industry – December 07, 2011
Mr. Sullivan now serves as lead counsel in dozens of employment matters throughout California. Mr. Sullivan has assisted thousands of employees in class actions, PAGA actions, and individual actions, and is proud to continue fighting on behalf of his clients. Mr. Sullivan’s practice is focused on fighting on behalf of victims of workplace harassment, discrimination and wage theft. Mr. Sullivan regularly achieves impressive results for his clients, and his dedication has resulted in him being recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, which is an honor reserved for less than 2.5% of California lawyers. Mr. Sullivan is proud of his results, and invites you to check them out.