- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Mount Saint Mary's University, Bachelor of Arts
- Whittier Law School, Juris Doctor
Maria is an attorney with Melmed Law Group P.C. and exclusively represents employees in California in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Maria’s practice focuses on wage-and-hour class actions and individual claims, including claims for harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and whistleblowers.
Before attending law school, Maria worked as a paralegal for several years at a boutique law firm gaining instrumental experience in the litigation process. During law school, Maria was a trial advocacy honors board member and clerked for a prominent firm that specialized in defending public entities in civil rights actions. Maria’s experience working defensively on behalf of public entities ultimately sparked her interest and passion in protecting employees’ rights. That passion has led Maria to pursue a career in advocating for unjustly impacted employees.
Outside of law, Maria enjoys running, reading, spending time with her family, outdoor activities, and live entertainment.