Kyle D. Smith
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Bachelor of Science, Northern Arizona University
- Juris Doctor, UCLA School of Law
- Southern California Rising Star, California Super Lawyers (2018–2023)
Kyle Smith firmly believes in a client-centered approach to legal work. The starting point for every case should be the needs and wants of the client. Because those vary with every person, it’s important for lawyers to take the time to understand their clients. By taking the client-centered approach to each case, Kyle believes he can achieve the most desirable results for each client.
While studying at UCLA Law School, Kyle served as the Managing Articles Editor of the UCLA Journal of Law and Technology as well as a Managing Editor on the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy. He also served as a Judicial Extern for the then-Chief Judge in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, where he gained experience in a broad range of topics involving federal law and appellate procedure.
Immediately after law school, Kyle served as a Deputy City Attorney for several cities across California. After that, he spent several years representing indigent criminal defendants in appeals. In his present practice, Kyle uses these valuable lawyering skills to promote employee rights. Kyle has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2018 — a recognition awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in California.