- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- The Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctor
Joanne is an attorney with Melmed Law Group P.C. Joanne graduated from Boston University School of Law. During law school, Joanne worked as an in-house counsel extern at Boston University’s Office of General Counsel and a student advocate at the Startup Law Clinic where she advised student entrepreneurs from MIT and Boston University. Joanne also interned at the Office of the Attorney General in the Employment and Administrative Mandate Section. There, Joanne helped defend state agencies on cases involving workplace harassment and discrimination.
Joanne’s experience working defensively on behalf of employers ultimately sparked her interest and passion in protecting employees’ rights. That passion has led Joanne to pursue a career in advocating for unjustly impacted employees.
Prior to law school, Joanne received a degree in English Literature at Emory University. During her free time, Joanne enjoys spending time with her family, taking photographs of her two dogs, and discovering new restaurants in Southern California.